The full list of participants for the marine survey of Ascension Island, August, 2012.
The Shallow Marine Surveys Group is very pleased to present our team of highly qualified and dedicated individuals who will be travelling from around the world to gather in August 2012 on a tiny volcanic island in the middle of the South Atlantic.
We are confident the expedition goals to survey and catalogue the wide diversity of marine life found there will benefit from the collaboration of such a diverse international team bringing a wide range of backgrounds and experience to the effort.
In the weeks to come we will be introducing the individuals involved with more detail on their backgrounds and personal objectives for the expedition. We will also invite team members to post their own thoughts and experiences as they take part in the expedition.
Shallow Marine Surveys Group
- Dr Paul Brickle - Expedition Leader/Scientist/Diver
- Dr Paul Brewin - Scientist/Diver
- Dr Wetjens Dimmlich - Scientist/Diver/Webmaster/Media/Database Manager
- Stephen Cartwright - Skipper/Technical Services/Diver
- Steve Brown - Technical Services/Diver
- Dion Poncet - Skipper/Technical Services/Diver
Ascension Island Government
- Stedson Stroud - Project Partner/Scientist
- Jolene Sim - Project Partner/Scientist
Falkland Islands Government
- Dr Alexander (Sasha) Arkhipkin - Scientist
- Dr Vladimir Laptikhovsky - Scientist/Diver
South Georgia Government
British Forces South Atlantic Islands
University of Aberdeen, Scotland
Hellenic Centre for Marine Research, Greece
- Dr Tsiamis (Kostas) Konstantinos - Scientist /Diver
University of Exeter/Ascension Island Government
British Antarctic Survey
- Dr Simon Morley - Scientist/Diver
Center of Marine Sciences (CCMAR), Faro, Portugal
- Prof. Peter Wirtz - Scientist/Diver
Ascension Island Dive Club
- Caroline Yon - Dive Officer/Project Partner
- Mr Jimmy Young - Ascension Island Dive Consultant
- Mr Drew Avery - Database Manager